So, your start-up is gaining traction, or you have been in the business long enough but now want to cement yourself in the digital economy. You understand that people spend more time today on their mobile phones than they do on their desktops or even on Television. And you want to capitalize on this phenomenon but are confused on where to allocate your resources. Should you build a mobile app or a web app?
It’s always best to consult with a mobile app development company. But for now, let’s lay down some facts about both applications so that you can make a decision conducive to business growth. Web applications run on your browser without any installation and update but having your company’s mobile app on the App Store or Play store is pretty cool. It’s something to brag about, and it has a ton of utility. Here’s a list of mobile app perks:
- Mobile apps are easy to find as people generally download them from android and apple stores.
- They are credible and safe because app stores vet every single application before release
- Mobile apps are faster than web applications
- They have rich functionality as they have access to all the device functions like camera, microphone, GPS, etc.
- Mobile apps can work offline (though some features might be unavailable).
- They must be built for each OS. iOS app development and web app development are different processes and will cost you more time and resources. For further details, avail web app development services from a professional firm like SAITSys.
Now let’s compare it to web applications:
- With web applications, all you have to worry about is browser compatibility. If your browser supports it, you can run it. Even old devices that support a compatible browser can run a web app. You don’t have to worry about separate iPhone app development and android app development.
- Custom web app development is easier, faster, and cheaper. Yes, you can make a web application at the fraction of the cost of a mobile app because mobile apps have to be built separately for each operating system like android or iOS.
- Web applications don’t require customers to download an update as it can be done simultaneously for all devices by updating the server.
- These applications are simple in design and highly portable. They save space on your hardware as you don’t have to download them.
- They are also easier to maintain and update as there is just a single server and one code across all platforms to worry about
If you are using it for a cheap and quick build that doesn’t take up device space and are not interested in allocating too much resource on maintenance and updating, choose a web app. Web apps, however, are hard to find as they have no dedicated store. They are also slower and require an internet connection to operate. They are easy to launch as they require no approval from any regulatory body. An example of a web app is google docs or Gmail (though they have a mobile app version as well).
Mobile app building is tedious but worth the effort as they are easily discoverable on app stores. It is easily discoverable and thus creates more conversion. But, you will have to make a different app for each operating system you are on. Application stores will give you more credibility on launch, but their approval is hard to gain.
A well-made mobile app is robust, fast, and can update and make changes for each OS. It consumes a lot of system space but compensates with rich functionality. Build a mobile app to get more out of device functions like cameras and mics.
Managed IT Services | IT Consulting Services | Custom API Development Services | Mobile App Services | Web App Services | Cloud Computing Solutions | Enterprise Architecture Services | Cyber Security Consulting Services | Artificial Intelligence (Ai) Solutions & Services | Enterprise Project Management